Cuming County Public Power District’s Operation Round Up® board members met recently and awarded $4,500 in local grants.
Receiving Round Up funds:
• Bancroft-Rosalie Schools & Village of Bancroft, $1,000 for football and baseball field lights.
• Beemer Senior Center, $250 for a laptop computer & projector
• Cuming County Historical Society, $500 for wall mounted displays
• Cuming County Juvenile Awareness, $500 for the ‘To Save a Life’ Tour
• Dodge Veterans Memorial Fund, $500 for a memorial to honor veterans
• Franciscan Care Services, $500 for Christmas gifts for children
• Get-Along-Gang 4-H Club, $250 for blankets & pillow cases
• St. Francis Memorial Hospital, $500 to purchase a newborn Anne
• Zion Lutheran Youth Group, $500 for heat for classroom
The money that is awarded is from CCPPD customers who have agreed to round up their electric bills to the next dollar. It’s an average of six dollars per customer per year and about $1,000 a month is added to the Round Up account.
A volunteer board discusses the applications and awards are granted biannually in March and in September.
Applications to request funds are available from the CCPPD office, or online at www.ccppd.com. There are separate applications for organizations/agencies, individuals and families.